My client is a leading contractor work on major construction projects all over the world and have an excellent reputation. They are currently working on a major roads and hioghways construction and maintenance project in Wales and are looking to recruit an experienced site agent/sub agent. The role will involve;
* Ensuring a “safety first” attitude underpins all operations undertaken for the Company to ensure the health and safety of the company’s personnel and any other people working or visiting site.
* Ensuring all activities are completed safely in compliance with the company’s health and safety policies and procedures.
* Ensuring any environmental protection matters are identified and assisting with implementing the mitigating procedures and systems where appropriate.
* Ensuring company procedures and systems on quality, health & safety and the environment are implemented and complied with on site.
* Preparing quality, environmental and H&S construction plans in a timely manner.
* Planning, measuring, monitoring and reviewing the progress of contracts throughout the project’s lifespan and ensuring compliance with project’s budgets and programme
* Managing the project delivery team to ensure adequate plant, labour and subcontract and material resources are available in a timely manner to comply with the project’s timescales.
* Interpreting engineering drawings and specifications and ensuring the accurate construction of the works in accordance with client requirements
* Ensuring timely submission of the necessary documentation for inclusion within the project health and safety file
* Ensuring the timely procurement and payment of suppliers and subcontractors in accordance with company procedures and monitoring their performance including financial throughout the project.
* Preparing and submitting weekly reports on progress for review by the Site Agent or Project Manager, for inclusion in the project’s financial CVRs and forecasts to completion
* Identifying potential problem areas, and financial impact, in sufficient time to ensure adequate provisions have been made within forecast accounts
* Providing sufficient and accurate information to the site Works Management and Foremen to ensure timely construction of the works
* Ensuring the timely submission of interim and final accounts.
* Actively resolve contractual issues with both clients and suppliers while also maintaining a good relationship.
* Ensuring the timely submission of project interim and final accounts and releases of retentions and performance bonds with associated completion certificates.
* Mentoring and guidance for junior members of your team and operatives to fully develop their construction competencies.
Candidates should have a degree or similar qualifcation in civil engineering or a similar subject and should have proven experience of working as a site agent or sub agent working on major roads, highway, motorwar or heavy civils projects in the UK
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.