Elvet Recruitment are recruiting a Site Engineer on behalf of a leading civil engineering contractor to work on prestigious schemes across Yorkshire.
The company operate across various sectors including Water, Highways, Rail, Marine and Public Realm.
* Maintain high personal safety and environmental standards.
* Supervision of assistant engineers.
* Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works.
* Provide accurate and clear setting out for works.
* Communicate with foremen and gangers to ensure full understanding of information provided.
* Arrange formal checking of setting out.
* Complete inspection and test plans.
* Keep accurate daily site diary.
* Preparation of 4 weekly programmes.
* Provide accurate measurements for materials required.
* Maintain material reconciliation figures for reporting.
* Ensure that material delivery tickets are passed on for cost coding.
* Carry out testing / sampling of materials.
* Provide assistance to the measurement department.
* Maintain survey books.
* Take receipt of materials and perform checks.
Candidates should have proven experience at Assistant Site Engineer or Site Engineer level with a main contractor on Infrastructure projects.
Experience working on Yorkshire Water projects would be advantageous.
Minimum qualification of HNC/HND, however a construction related degree is preferred.
A salary of up to £37,500 plus company vehicle or allowance, fuel card, 28 days holiday, pension scheme
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.