Farrans Construction is currently recruiting a number of Site Engineers for major, high profile civil engineering projects in the East of England. Gull Wing in Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth Third River Crossing are both complex and challenging moving bridges with associated highways and structures.
The successful candidates will be self-motivated and technically proficient, capable of working on their own initiative within a collaborative team.
You will report to the Senior Engineer and along with the project management team will initiate continuous improvements to ensure the contract is delivered safely, on time and within budget ensuring the customers’ expectations are met.
Farrans recognise the shared benefits of investing in their people and will provide you with fantastic career support and development opportunities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Interpret and abstract construction information from the drawings and specification and communicate this to the subcontractors, supervisors and workforce.
* Raise technical queries with designers and other members of the client team
* Provide setting out and dimensional control for a section of the works
* Understand and have a good command of temporary works and permits
* Carry out relevant inspections and testing to ensure conformance of the works with the design and specification
* Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company and project procedures
* Efficient management and supervision of resources on site
* Monitor programme, contribute to weekly progress reports and retain all relevant records
* Have a good commercial understanding, recognising the key drivers of cost and value and driving efficient use of resources
* Assist the commercial team with contract administration
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies:
* Civil Engineering Degree/Diploma or equivalent
* CSCS card in the appropriate discipline and ideally hold a CITB SMSTS/ SSSTS qualification.
* Full Driving License
* Previous experience over a minimum 2 to 3 years as a Site Engineer working on major structures, highways or marine works is essential
* Good verbal and written communication skills and able to engage with stakeholders at all levels
* Excellent attention to detail and meticulous planning and organisational skills.
* An excellent professional demeanour
* Flexible approach to working hours and potentially different locations.
* Willingness to assume additional responsibilities in keeping with the project requirements.
In return, you will be rewarded with an excellent Salary and Benefits Package which includes: Pension Scheme, Car Allowance, Working away from Home Allowance, Bonus Scheme
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.