Farrans Construction is currently recruiting multiple Engineers for various major HEAVY CIVILS Projects in the East of England.
The successful candidates will primarily be involved in the daily inspection of the quality of the work completed onsite. You, along with the Project Management team will initiate continuous improvements to ensure the contract is delivered on time and within budget. This will ensure the customers’ expectations are met, whilst aligning activities within industry standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Management and supervision of direct labour and sub-contractors
* Work collaboratively on initial site set up, ensuring Company systems and procedures are adhered to
* Provide weekly progress reports to Project Management team
* Liaise with local authority and utility stakeholders to facilitate work activities
* Interpret drawings and specifications
* Comply and maintain systems for managing site health and safety
* Ensure health and safety practices are maintained to provide a safe working environment, including hazard and risk control
* Prepare and communicate method statements and risk assessments
* Maintain all relevant records
* Order and manage site materials to minimise waste
* Assist the commercial team with contract administration
* Motivate the team on site with regular progress updates and notification of changes
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies:
* Civil Engineering Degree/Diploma or equivalent
* An appropriate and valid SAFE PASS/CSCS/CSR card
* Full Driving License
* Previous experience as Site Engineer on Civils Projects essential
* Experience in Traffic Management Planning and Implementation
* Previous experience in managing Sub-Contract and Direct Labour Crews
* Working knowledge in Microsoft Office packages
* Good communication skills (verbal and written) and able to engage with all stakeholders at all levels
* Capable of working on own initiative and able to motivate a team
* Team player and leader
* Excellent attention to detail and meticulous planning and organisational skills.
* Self-starter able to work within a team setting
* Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise
* An excellent professional demeanour
* Flexible approach to working hours and various different locations throughout the UK and ROI if/when required.
* Willingness to assume additional responsibilities in keeping with the project requirements.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for one of the UK's top Civil Engineering companies.
In return, you will be rewarded with an excellent Salary and Benefits Package which includes: Pension Scheme, Private Healthcare, Car Allowance, Working away from Home Allowance, Bonus Scheme and fantastic career support and development opportunities.
Farrans Construction is An Equal Opportunities Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.