Site Inspector (Facades) – Leading Consultancy
* Are you looking to work leading practice providing architectural, masterplanning, urban design, sustainability and project management services
* Do you have experience surveying façade projects as Site Inspector working external systems?
* Do you have experience in fire safety / building regulations to join Development Consultancy?
If so, please read on…
Mercury Hampton are looking for experienced Site Inspectors with a strong background in fire safety / building regulations to join our busy Development Consultancy (DC) team. The Development Consultancy has a thriving pipeline of work assisting clients in building and façade investigations, EWS1 forms, Fire Risk Assessments (FRAs), developing Safety Cases and the Digital Record, proposed by the Fire Safety and Building Safety Bills. This involves existing stock portfolios and new build projects.
Ideal you will have tall residential building experience, with expertise / experience of inspecting fire safety measures in new build and construction projects and of working to high quality construction standards. Strong technical knowledge is key, rather than focusing on finishing. A high level of technical understanding of Building regulations, NHBC standards, high rise construction, façades and combustible materials is necessary.
* Carry out Façade and Internal Fire Safety investigations / Fire Risk Assessments (FRAs) – and prepare written reports with photographs using agreed templates.
* Carry out regular inspections of construction projects – both refurbishment and new build – and prepare written reports with photographs using agreed templates.
* Carry out inspections at key construction stages and record findings photographically using dedicated software.
* Carry out inspections of agreed construction details and record findings photographically using dedicated software.
* Carry out reviews of actual products being used on site and determine whether achieve a satisfactory level of performance and record findings photographically using dedicated software.
* Review drawings and comment on compliance issues.
* Checking As Built drawings against the as-built condition.
Skills and knowledge:
* Detailed knowledge of residential construction
* Sound understanding of construction drawings
* Strong Building Regulations knowledge and expertise
* Previous experience inspecting passive fire protection detailing both internal and external, with particular experience of fire collars, fire stopping and cavity barriers (desirable)
* A good number of years’ experience carrying out a similar role on residential construction projects, plus experience of High Risk Residential Buildings (HRRBs) and their facades
Qualification & Memberships:
* Qualified to NVQ Level 6 Site Inspection, HNC, HND or a construction-related degree
* Membership to one of the following: RICS / CIOB / CABE / MIFireE / ICWCI
* Registered on a recognised Fire Risk Assessors register (desirable)
* Current Site Visitor CSCS card
If you have any other requirements and would like to apply – please contact Wyn @ MH for more information
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.