Due to the continued expansion of our highly successful specialised engineering company, including our award winning data centre design and build business, we are looking for a Site Manager to work on a project in Kidbrooke.
We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
Sudlows operate as principle contractor and we require a highly organised and motivated individual who will be fully responsible for the complete day to day management on-site as required from a critical data centre / telecoms project. You will be part of a busy team of engineers, contract or project managers and commercial support, who are working across multiple projects for the same client, across the UK. An individual with a high standard of quality, control and finishing is required for this role.
The scope of works includes the following services:
* Strip out of existing MEP services
* External trenching to generator location
* New generator installation
* UPS installation
* LV power installations
* Monitoring systems
* Fire Alarms, VESDA, gas suppression systems
* General Power and lighting
* A/C cooling systems
* Internal fit out, wall, floors, ceilings etc
Duties will include:
* Daily H&S management on-site including COVID control, inductions, RAMS review, TBT, temporary works.
* Management of the specialist sub-contractors, suppliers, client specialists and labour.
* Daily liaison with the client, these sites are critical sites and previous experiences of similar site is essential. Good communication skills are key.
* Quality inspections, snagging and sign off as contractor’s complete works
* Understanding the requirements of testing and inspection plan to ensure all testing has been completed witnessed and handed over.
* Escalating any challenges or issues through to the PM or design team.
* Reporting of progress and assistance to the PM to produce the weekly / monthly reports.
* Organising, planning and look aheads with the sub-contractors and supply chain.
* Carry out weekly site audits.
* Ensuring and maintaining a clean and risk free site at all times.
* Good document control is essential throughout the project.
* Excellent recording of testing and commissioning and good use of Sudlows QA systems
* Gather information and produce the final O&M documentation including marking up drgs for as-built information.
Skills and Qualifications:
* SMSTS (essential), CSCS card (essential), Banksman Qualification, Working at height, Fire Warden trained, First aid 3 day (preferable, Asbestos awareness (preferable), Previous experience in soft strip out and/or electrical installations is preferable
* Min 5 years previous experience managing mutli-disciplined sites. Previous experience as principle contractor.ONC in electrical, building services engineering or similar. Demonstratable experience in data centres, telecoms projects or other critical environments. Experience in testing and commissioning of electrical UPS and generator systems aswell as cooling systems. Be adept at using Microsoft office suite of document, outlook, project, word, excel. Be familiar with using electronic systems for snagging, document control, sign-off etc.
Working with People:
* Able to establish a rapport with service users as necessary e.g. clients, members of the public, other contractors etc.
* Understands how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
* Be an excellent communicator in both written and verbally
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.