Site Manager – £28,000 – £35,000
We are excited to be exclusively representing this Gloucestershire client who are looking to recruit a new member to their team, due to expansion…. This role would be a great opportunity for a Junior or Assistant Site Manager looking for their next step in their career or a Site Manager simply looking to work and utilise their experience to work for a busy market leader. This role DOES require a Site Manager who has previous Site Management experience within the Construction Industry – candidates will also need to have their CSCS Card and are SMSTS trained due to the nature of the role.
This is a brand new role due to our Client securing new contracts and having a very strong order book, thus have made the decision to hire in an additional Site Manager to ensure the completion of Projects. The role will be a national role, thus the successful candidate will be based on site (in nearby accommodation) for anywhere from 10 weeks to 30 weeks depending upon the scale and size of the project. Many of this Client's projects are situated around the South of the UK, however with such a busy order book, projects have been secured in the North of the UK later on in the year.
Key duties will be:
* Provide leadership and direction for site staff
* Liaise with Construction Site Managers to establish progress of works
* Liaise with customer, site operatives to keep progress on track to meet agreed work schedules
* Liaise with internal Project Managers, keeping them appraised of works progress
* Resolving any foreseen issues with the build
* Manage and monitor quality issues to ensure standards are met
* Attend daily/weekly site meetings
* Attend design meeting and co-ordination meetings
* Establish mobile site office when and if required
* Order ancillary materials within agreed budgets Ensure additional equipment is hired to as required
* Produce Risk Assessments and Method Statements
* Manage costs and provide value engineered solutions
* Ensure that direct or subcontract labour on site have relevant qualification cards and are suitably trained to do the job at hand
* Ensure site operatives always comply with PPE regulations
* Keep site diary and other administrative records incl. labour and plant on site
* Ensure all HASAW requirements are met and that policies and procedures are met and followed
Candidates must be able to drive and be happy to work away from home on a week by week basis, however duration of projects tend to be 3 – 10 months at one site. As stated above it is imperative that you are SMSTS trained and also have a CSCS card (Black).
Please note that the majority of this clients' contracts are based in the south of the UK, however they are a National company, so candidates must be happy to travel and stay in locations when required. A car allowance is offered with this position
A traditional business that has an excellent reputation within their Industry for being the leader in their field. If you are looking for a great company to work for and to get involved in not your typical construction build then this could be a great opportunity for an experienced Site Manager to join a successful organisation and become a permanent member of staff where you can be a real asset to the business, then do not delay in sending your details asap as this role has an immediate start.
Salary negotiable dependent upon experience within the sector.
To ensure that your application receives the fullest possible attention, it is essential that you consider carefully the role that you are applying for, please ensure that your CV contains all relevant information about yourself in relation to the specific role advertised. This is important as in the present economic climate, we are receiving huge amounts of applications and thus it will help your application if your CV and covering letter state all relevant information clearly. Due to this unprecedented increase in applications, we are unfortunately unable to respond to each application personally (which would normally be our preferred method of communication). Hence, if you do not hear from us within one week, we regret you must conclude on this occasion your application for this role has been unsuccessful, we will, however, keep your details for any future opportunities that we may deem you suitable for.
As a Recruitment Consultancy you will be required to attend a “virtual meeting” with ourselves or attend a face to face meeting at our offices in Barnwood (social distancing measures adhered to) prior to your details being submitted to our Clients. Taylor Made Recruitment Services are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all areas of society
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.