This challenging and exciting opportunity requires an individual with a strong technical background and demonstrable experience in the facilitation and planned co-ordination of sites and projects from within the utilities, HV power, energy, or electrical engineering arena.
Our client aims to be the UK’s leading provider of power, water, and gas infrastructure for the public and private sectors. They believe in growing their business in a progressive and sustainable manner, respecting our community and the environment. They will communicate effectively with their clients, engage their staff and operate their business with the utmost integrity.
Due to the company’s continued ambitious growth plans and a significant number of recent contract awards, our client is now looking to appoint a Site Manager – Supervisor to support all contract activities and take responsibility for the smooth and timely procurement and availability and movement of resources, including plant, labour, materials, and sub-contractors etc. for multiple sites and projects. You will assist the Project Managers and Operational teams to ensure that they are able to deliver all works to client specification, whilst always adhering to safety, quality and budgetary requirements.
* Responsible for the facilitation and assistance with all project, site and construction activities, which are undertaken by both direct labour and subcontract resources
* Maintaining safety, quality, environmental and technical standards at site level
* Coordination and programming of resources at site level and liaison with the Project Managers as required to ensure the safe, profitable and timely delivery of all works
* Commercial and contractual awareness for the defined scope of project works
* Managing client, customer and third-party relationships or queries
* You will be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of the power, utilities or HV electricity sectors
* You will possess an electrical background with a good knowledge of site or project requirements associated with this industry
* Experience of site auditing and site safety management
* Good verbal and written communication skills are essential, coupled with team working – leadership and time management abilities
* Knowledge and skills are required to directly co-ordinate some of the more complex sites in addition to a more mobile role
* Management of CDM sites is desirable, along with work and resource scheduling at site level
* A good understanding of traffic management
* A good knowledge of environmental compliance at site level
* An electrical engineering qualification is desirable but not essential
A highly attractive permanent salary and full benefits package is on offer for the successful candidate, along with longevity of work given the company’s commitment to future growth and a forward order workload over the next five years
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.