Site Manager – Civils – Power Generation
Pay Rate : £250 – £275 Per Day
Duration – 9 Months
We are seeking a Site Manager to join an expanding company and help deliver a project in Minehead for the remainder of 2021. You will be based on site and will report directly to the Project Manager. Site operatives will report directly to you and you will be responsible for reviewing and giving feedback on the quality of their work. You will come from a civil engineering or groundworks background and will have at least 5 years’ experience of working as a sub-contractor.
The client is a specialist civil engineering and enabling works contractor working across the UK. They employ a small team of people and carry out work on projects in the power generation and water treatment sectors, ranging in value from £5,000 to £500,000. As a site manager you will be responsible for overseeing projects, with a typical contract value of £250,000-£350,000.
A successful and established business, they are driven by core values of safety, quality and customer satisfaction. With that in mind they are looking for somebody who is highly motivated, commercially savvy, practically minded and is not afraid to go the extra mile to get things done. In return for your commitment you will share in the company success and will be supported in your quest for development.
* Ensuring a “safety first” attitude underpins all operations undertaken for the Company to ensure the health and safety of the company’s personnel and any other people working at or visiting site
* Ensure all works are completed in full compliance with quality, health, safety and environmental standards
* Co-ordinate and manage multiple gangs of both internal and external labour
* Co-ordinate and manage plant/tools requirements using both internal and external resource
* Co-ordinate and manage materials requirements and place orders with suppliers in a timely fashion
* Identify problems in sufficient time to allow effective mitigation to be implemented
* Complete all necessary site reports, records, diaries, daily & weekly checks and company documentation and competently deliver TBT’s, task briefings, inductions etc
* Ensure your project meets the required programme, budget and quality standard, in strict accordance with health, safety and environmental legislation and company procedure and core values
* Track record of experience as a Site Manager within the civil engineering industry, ideally as a subcontractor.
* Experienced and qualified to advise operatives on daily operations
* Competent in understanding construction drawings and processes
* Capable of organising all aspects of the work in a co-ordinated manner
* Practical in solving problems which may arise
* Excellent communication skills
* Provide positive example through own behaviour
* Adapt leadership skills to suit different situations
* Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. The client is an IT focussed company and all administration is done remotely.
* CSCS Site Manager
* First Aid
* Cat Scan
* Clean Driving Licence
Preference will be given to candidates who satisfy the above and who also have experience of working within the short term operating reserve power generation sector.
Please get in touch with Gavin to hear more
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.