Matchtech are excited to be working with a major, Tier 1, Highways & Civils client in Perry Barr/Birmingham, and as result we have a live opportunity for an experienced Site Supervisor with Highways experience.
Assist with the management of site operations (including the fulfilment of the role of Principal Contractor under CDM on Provider Works and undertaking the role of Supervisor on Managed Works) in relation to scheme delivery on the Highways England’s Area 9 ASC.
Tasks / Job Requirements:
Reporting to the Site Manager. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
1. Assisting with managing and administering the construction works in accordance with the contract.
2. Assisting with the implementation of the duties of the Principal Contractor under CDM and/or undertaking the role of the Supervisor under the NEC conditions of contract.
3. Assisting with the implementation of the 5 SHE Basics, Training and Competence, Risk Assessment for every task, Induction for every worker, Safe System of Work and Point of Work Risk Assessment are embedded for all works.
4. Assisting with the implementation of the Construction Phase Plan including ensuring compliance with the requirements (eg. site inductions and site rules).
5. Assisting with ensuring that the construction programme is maintained.
6. Checking compliance with the relevant Quality Plans, Method Statements, Risk Assessments and Inspection and Test Plans.
7. Assisting with the management and control of all site operations including monitoring progress and taking appropriate action to avoid overrun.
8. Assisting with identifying all changes to the works and assist the Site Manager to ensure they are properly communicated including the issue of instructions to the contractor.
9. Understanding roles and responsibilities within the site team.
10. Assisting with the recording of work carried out.
11. Assisting with ensuring temporary works are installed in accordance with the approved design details.
12. Assisting with ensuring appropriate inspection, sampling and testing is carried out to verify compliance. Carrying out quality checks and witnessing and reporting of any non-conformances.
13. Carrying out regular Safety, Health and Environmental inspections and reporting all accidents, incidents and near-misses.
14. Assist with monitoring the performance and operation of contractors. Ensure they are properly instructed in the safe execution of their work and programme requirements. Report on their progress.
15. Assisting with the compilation of site records and providing feedback to the Site Manager.
16. Assisting with the collation of all data necessary for the measurement of key performance indicators (KPIs)
17. Promoting a ‘right first time’ culture and the use of quality management procedures as a means of continuous improvement.
18. Producing detailed daily shift diary sheets
19. Promoting the introduction of innovation, and the recording/sharing of best practice and lessons learnt.
20. Promoting a partnering ethos to provide a working environment of co-operation, trust, respect, open communication and honesty.
21. Assist with the management and co-ordination of network occupancy activities including development of traffic management proposals, roadspace booking, stakeholder liaison and updating
Individual / Person Requirements:
* SSSTS (2 Day CITB Site Supervisor’s Safety Training Scheme)
* Experience in the delivery of the Principal Contractor’s obligations under the CDM Regulations 2015 and role of the Supervisor under the NEC.
* Experience in the successful delivery of highway renewals and improvement schemes involving restricted site availability (eg. night time working).
* Experienced in the successful delivery of construction projects to tight time and budget constraints.
* Structures, roads and technology scheme experience.
* Problem solving skills.
* Commitment and adaptability.
* Drive and determination.
* Positive attitude to the delivery of schemes through collaborative working in a partnering environment
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.