Working Site Supervisor.
We are working with a leading local company as they look to strengthen their team.
A driven individual within the construction industry responsible for the day to day production progress and quality of working while on any project or works for the company
The projects and works may vary in size and complexity with a number of different client types from traditional principle contractors to clients whom have directly appointed the company.
Have the ability to liaise with Contractor Site Management, Client Management in a professional manor.
Working as the leader of a site team to encourage good levels of production while striving for quality workmanship from all in the team, this may see the need to coach members of the team to show best practice when carrying out tasks
Work with your team to ensure site programmes are hit and work is completed in good time and to a high-quality working to complete all tasks snag free
Have a strong joinery based working background and be willing to share your ideas for best practice when working on given tasks with the team
The hours worked will generally be Monday to Friday, however, this is not always the case. Some site locations which are further away from home may see the need to stay overnight or may see the need to travel to and from site outside of normal working hours/days.
Based from Scunthorpe
Duties & Key Responsibilities:
1. Provide regular Client contact throughout projects
2. Ensure jobs are completed on time and within specification
3. Ensure all personnel on site perform their duties to a high standard
4. Ensure all personnel on site are wearing correct PPE as necessary
5. Ensure all personnel on site are carrying out PPE maintenance checks and recording this as necessary
6. Ensure all personnel on site are carrying out daily visual checks on tools etc.
7. Work to Client and Projects programmes to ensure works are completed on time in line with other trade requirements etc.
8. Deliver projects/works within budget
9. Ensure Environment, Health & Safety are adhered to at all times, checking welfare facilities for both suitability and presentation
10. Ensure correct tools and materials are being used and certain tools are only operated by those whom are appropriately trained
11. Undertake Site Safety Audit’s on a monthly basis
12. Undertake Toolbox Talks on a weekly basis
13. Ensure Trada Installation and/or Maintenance forms are being carried out at time of works and sufficient photography is being submitted. This is to be handed in regularly (weekly as a minimum) to PM
14. Ensure all personnel on site are working safely
15. Ensure you keep on top of your paperwork, reports and submissions
16. Ensure Near Miss reports & Accident reports are completed and copies MUST be returned to Projects Head Office. If Principle Contractors want to keep these, they must take a copy and allow you to return the original to HO
17. Control & monitor site waste
18. Ensure sufficient stocks of materials to allow project to continue seamlessly
19. Have a problem-solving attitude towards issues that crop up during planned works and seek out ways to overcome any problems with the least disruption
Ability to read and understand project drawings. These can be produced by Principle Contractors, Clients, and Architects etc.
High standard of accuracy and quality of work. As a company we pride ourselves on quality of our works
Ability to work as part of a team and be able to use own initiative
Able to work to deadlines
CSCS Card essential • SSSTS (minimum) essential
Driving licence essential
Identify potential issues and implement changes to avoid these from developing
Ability to motivate others and manage different personalities
Strong leadership skills and sub-contractor skills to resolve issues or concerns in a calm and efficient manner, keeping a harmonious working relationship with all persons
Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills
Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
Have a methodical approach to tasks
A great opportunity to join a leading company as they enjoy continued growth
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.