Matchtech are excited to be working alongside a major Highways contractor in both Kent and East Sussex, and as result we have two live requirements for experienced Highway Supervisors (freelance).
Supervising trunk road maintenance and motorway improvement schemes up to £5M.
Primarily, drainage, surfacing and pavement operations you will plan, organise and supervise construction works ensuring that they operate efficiently and meet all requirements in relation to health & safety, cost, productivity, quality, and the environment.
· Lead on site supervision briefing the relevant requirements of our clients Health, Safety and Environmental Procedures and Guidance.
· Ensure that all plant and equipment deployed on the Network complies with current health and safety legislative requirements.
· Reporting all health and safety incidents involving our client and Supply Chain staff to the Network Team Managers
· Ensure compliance with our clients Environmental Management System with regard to day-to-day operational activities.
· Report on progress after each shift the construction programmes, including resources with construction manager.
· Supervise works on site and ensure all works are in accordance with the specification and to the contract drawings.
· Conduct and record on-going interim physical measurements during works and upon works completion.
· Be fully conversant with the clients Site safety and procedures.
· Maintain records and use these to manage and control resources.
· Communicate with the Construction Manager and Scheme Delivery Manager of issues of non-conformances and contractual correspondence. Ensure that comprehensive records are maintained.
· Review and approve site documentation.
· Any other tasks commensurate with the role
Current driving Licence
CSCS Gold/Black card
First Aid at Work
Basic IT competency (Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel)
Working night time and weekends and unsociable hours
Ability to effectively plan, allocate and supervise staffing, plant and material resources
Able to motivate staff and handle basic staffing issues (personnel and on-the job training)
Thorough and methodical disposition to monitor individual staff development, planning and arranging training or ‘buddying’ opportunities
Adaptable and flexible to cope with the variety of responsibilities involved and to suit peaks and troughs in workload
Good communication skills for interface with members of the public and other stakeholders
High speed road network
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.