Our client is proud to be one of the UK’s leading specialist contractors, and has earned an enviable reputation for quality, innovation and customer service. The company offers a range of specialist design, supply, construction and installations services, including various techniques such as groundworks, ground and slope stabilisation, retaining structures, SUD’s, earthworks, drainage, soil and land erosion control, and specialist structural and civil engineering, amongst many other disciplines.
Due to continued expansion, an abundant pipeline of works, and the recent award of a number of long-term framework contracts, our client is now looking to appoint a Specification Sales Engineer. The main purpose of this role will be to take responsibility for selling the company’s products and services by prospecting and proactively initiating successful new sales opportunities within sector specific GB markets. Working in liaison with a nationwide network of Sales Managers, you will respond to client enquiries, communicate on technical issues and increase sales volume in line with company policy.
* To fulfil GB market needs and engender confidence in our client as a supplier to gain repeat business
* To keep abreast of competitor information and strategies and markets, and identify opportunities for products that the company can source and sell
* To cross-feed opportunities to other sales personnel whenever appropriate
* Pricing, quotations and follow ups, along with negotiations with clients and closing sales successfully will also be daily accountabilities
* Key account management, developing new clients, conduct site meetings and acting as a product champion
* Achieve personal sales targets and assist in achieving departmental targets
* Proactively contact clients to sell the company’s products and services
* Negotiate prices and sell the benefits of the company’s service offerings to secure orders
* Work in conjunction with field based technical sales managers to provide support, and work together to identify qualified leads to input onto the CRM system
* Develop and manage a database of clients through sales activities
* To fully understand and respond to client needs by building and maintaining relationships, and providing excellent customer service
* Undertake visits to engineers, designers, specifiers, architects and sites to increase sales
* Provide pricing and quotations for the company’s products, bought in products and services
* Identify the most appropriate alternative products and prices when generic or competitor products are specified
* To identify needs and produce supporting information including contributions to the website
* Proactively gain a competent knowledge of the company’s products
* Follow up quotations, sales leads and source opportunities
* Continually seeking opportunities to lower costs and better lead times to improve customer service
* Liaison with subcontractors and installation teams
* You will possess excellent sales, business development, account management, customer service, communication, planning, organizing, negotiation and presentation skills
* You will be highly driven and motivated to achieve challenging but realistic sales targets
* A good standard of education and full driving licence is essential
* Sales and business development experience of any technical construction based product or service
* Proficiency in administration, communication, reporting, numeracy, IT and MS Office etc
* The ability to build effective relationships at all levels both internally and externally
* Proven ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative
* Enthusiasm and results focussed, with an ability to work well under pressure and to challenging or stringent deadlines
* Effective negotiation skills with both internal and external clients and teams
An attractive remuneration and benefits package is on offer for the successful candidate, coupled with transparent career progression, significant bonus earning potential, and security and longevity of work given the company’s secured forward order workload over the next five years and their continued dedication to profitable growth within the UK.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, religion/belief or nationality
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.