Foster + Partners, the acclaimed Architecture practice is looking for a Specifications Advisor to join the team in London.
* To support the project teams in the development of construction information in the preconstruction and construction stages
* To support the architectural teams (mainly based in London office, but some other UK and overseas) in a range of international projects on specification and procurement strategy issues to achieve high quality buildings in a wide range of international settings
* To draw up specification documentation in compliance with project requirements, acceptable standards, legal obligations, rules, codes and regulations
* Develop appropriate specifications to suit the design solution and/or local conditions, independently, with the design team and/ or with external consultants.
* To develop and keep up to date with technical standards, products and innovation for specific allocated elements/areas
* Liaise with Foster + Partners design teams, in-house management, sustainability team and other related departments
* To be involved in maintaining and improving the office master specifications working with other team members
* Able to demonstrate proficiency in the responsibilities of the role
* Experience preparing architectural specifications on building projects
* Evidence of a good technical design understanding
* Good technical knowledge of modern building techniques, standards and materials
* Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and database applications
* Able to work logically and methodically to achieve high quality outputs
* Recognise and action when issues need to be escalated to the senior members of the team
* Building physics knowledge/ experience
* Experience in preparation of architectural specification documentation in UK, America and Middle East
* Evidence of the ability to understand design decisions taken by others
* Knowledge of Middle & Far Eastern construction sectors
* Able to use some of the following: Microstation and InDesign
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, company pension and DIS.
*Please note due to the high number of applications we receive if you haven't had a response within 10 days unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.