Lawsons is the UK’s largest independent fencing, timber and builders’ merchants and now boasts 36 branches, 740 employees and £190 million turnover, founded in 1921 and operates across London and the South East of England.
To grow branch sales and margins, by proactively chasing sales opportunities, finding new business and developing relationships with new and existing customers.
The working hours for this position are as follows…..
Monday – Friday 07.30 – 17.00 + every other Saturday 08.00 – 12.00 (contracted)
Branch Postcode – OX13 5AS
* Ensure Lawsons Best Practice, Standards and Company Policies are met
* Maintain a stock range that meets customer demands and expectations and at appropriate seasonal levels
* Ensure that we purchase from approved suppliers at the best rate possible
* Meet Stock Control targets (re overstocking, stock accuracy, damaged stock and stock turn) as set for the branch
* Ensure Stock deliveries are scheduled evenly throughout the week
* Maintain and control the Branch Stock File, resolve outstanding IBT s and Returns To Supplier and any outstanding Purchase orders on a regular basis
* Take full responsibility for all branch stocktakes and stock bin locations
* Comply with company audit requirements relevant to your department
* Ensure that stock levels are maintained and merchandised
* Build rapport, be polite and courteous to customers
* Be vigilant to prevent loss of product by theft etc.
* Be vigilant and to report any Health & Safety issues to the Line Manager immediately
We would love to meet someone with…
* Previous experience working in a stock control department or similar position
* A positive & friendly attitude
* The desire to develop a knowledge of the company, its products and the elements required to be successfully employed in the business
* Professionalism – promoting and adhering to the company's cultures & values
* Good interpersonal skills, confident and able to approach customers
* Excellent communicating, influencing and negotiating skills. Both oral and written
* The ability to prioritise responsibilities under pressure and be self-motivated
What is in it for you…
·Salary range from £25,000 – £29,000 depending on experience
·23 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
·Profit Share Scheme
·Death In Service
·Income Protection Scheme
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.