Strategic Land Manager
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
Bellway is a FTSE 250 five-star house builder, headquartered in Newcastle upon Tyne, which operates 22 trading divisions across England, Scotland and Wales. The company has grown from a family firm, established more than 75 years ago, into a respected national brand, selling over ten thousand homes a year.
At Bellway we recognise that people are the key to our success and our goal is to provide a rewarding and fulfilling career in line with our values of quality, service and trust. In addition to this we are committed to being a more inclusive employer and invite applications from a variety of backgrounds.
There is an exciting opportunity to join Bellway, one of the UK’s largest house builders. Our Strategic Land Team are looking to recruit a Strategic Land Manager for our Central Region (covering the divisions of West Midlands, East Midlands, South Midlands, South West and Wales).
The role of Strategic Land Manager is responsible for identifying, negotiating and acquiring strategic residential sites. The Strategic Land Manager also manages the land tasks on sites through the duration of their promotion, working closely with planners within the team and also the consultants.
The role of Strategic Land Manager reports to the Strategic Land Director Central and Group Strategic Land Director.
Principle accountabilities of the Strategic Land Manager role include:
* Identify future strategic sites with development potential in line with the acquisition strategy agreed with the Strategic Land Director.
* Conduct planning and viability appraisals and searches for sites to assess their suitability for acquisition.
* Once sites are identified as having positive planning status contact landowners and agents alike in order to promote Bellway as their preferred choice of developer/promoter.
* Must be proactive on liaising with agents and ensuring opportunities are coming into the business, in liaison with the Strategic Land Director
* Being an active part of the bidding process for new sites, including preparing submissions, attending interviews etc. and working with the Strategic Land team.
* Successfully negotiate heads of terms with landowners and agents, then assist with the management of the legal process
* Working with planning input, prepare planning strategies, working with others, that aim to obtain a Local Plan allocation or planning permission in shortest possible timeframe in liaison with the relevant Strategic Land Director.
* Be involved in the project management of the planning promotion process of each site in line with the agreed planning strategy liaising closely with landowners and their agents.
* From time to time attend planning committee meetings and public consultation events in order to present on behalf of Bellway as necessary, often outside of normal working hours.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
* Experience of working with a high volume national housebuilder, planning consultancy or land agency.
* Some experience of successfully identifying and negotiating land deals through to exchange of contracts.
* Networking contacts such as local government officers, planning consultants, landowners and land agents.
* Strong understanding of national and local planning policy.
Qualifications and Training
* RICS or RTPI qualified.
* Full UK driving licence
Skills and Aptitude
– An understanding of the legal process for option agreements, promotion agreements, joint ventures and freehold purchases would be preferable although training will also be given.
– Ability to run high level financial viabilities for land opportunities.
– Able to work under pressure to tight and changing deadlines.
– A self-starter capable of creating and maintaining momentum in projects.
– Communication and listening skills.
– Ability to communicate with a diverse range of people.
– Excellent negotiating skills.
– Excellent attention to detail.
– Ability to work to deadlines
– Committed to diversity and inclusion
The Role and Working Conditions
– Willing to be flexible in respect to day to day duties and hours worked.
– Ability and willingness to travel on a regular basis.
In return we can offer you:
– Competitive salary
– Company car / car allowance
– 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
– Contributory pension scheme
– Life assurance
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.