Our client, a leading power and telecom utilities service provider, is looking to employ a StreetWorks Planner on a permanent basis to assist planning and designing trunk routes, customer connections, diversionary works, and network upgrades, and to be a point of contact for the client, maintaining the progress of projects, compiling reports for the operations manager, issuing job packs to the site teams and compiling the hand back documentation.
Working in the Planning Department, and reporting to a Senior Project Planner, the role would require the right candidate to undertake, and have demonstrable experience in, the responsibilities below.
• Route planning from feasibility stage through to implementation on new build, diversionary works and maintenance projects.
• Preparing Job Packs from site surveys for preparation of private wayleaves documents.
• Cable pack design -Straight Line Diagrams, Public Infrastructure Access Documentation.
• Creating register of Special Engineering Difficulties (SEDs) and liaising with necessary Authorities to agree working methods and procedures.
• Production of paving schedules from site surveys.
• Production of Scope of Works Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
• Preparing, updating and inputting information to MS Project Reports.
• Updating Fibre and Connectivity Diagrams.
• Assist in other aspects of the department necessary for the successful completion of a project.
• Following the company health, safety and quality practices and procedures
• Liaison with Highways Authorities, Clients and their clients, Utilities Representatives and internal colleagues.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Experience within the telecoms or utilities industry.
• Good understanding of NRSWA, Streetworks permitting construction on comms and utilities networks.
• Able to demonstrate ability to communicate and maintain good relationships with Clients, Local Authorities, Police and the contract labour.
• Able to demonstrate a keenness and willingness to learn and make progress within the company
• Able to demonstrate good organisational and time management skills.
• Able to work accurately and methodically under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Able to work effectively alone or as part of a team.
• Willing to travel to sites throughout the UK mainland
• PC literate; fully conversant with standard Microsoft software to intermediate level
• Able to build positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues, clients and Local Authority Officers
• Regarded as highly capable and dependable
• A smart appearance and professional manner
• Educated to A level standard preferred NRSWA qualified
• Full UK Driving License
Minimum Experience Needed:
• Experience as a Planner, Assistant Planner, or related role within the telecoms or utilities industry.
• Experience of NRSWA/Streetworks permitting construction on telecoms and utilities networks.
• Experience communicating, building and maintaining good relationships with Clients, Local Authorities, Police, colleagues and contract labour.
• Willingness to travel to multiple sites throughout the UK.
• IT literate, including Microsoft Suite and planning software.
• Level 3 (A Level, ONC, or NVQ) qualified, preferably in a related subject.
• NRSWA Qualified
• Full UK driving license
If rate of pay is a sliding scale what is needed to get to the top amount:
• Further demonstratable experience as a Planner, or related role, and of NRSWA/Streetworks permitting construction within the telecoms and utilities networks.
• Further qualifications relevant to the role and/or a professional membership with a relevant institution or professional body.
• Significant development of experiences listed in the personal attributes and experience needed sections.
The salary banding is indicative and dependent on experience. Details on the full package are to be discussed during shortlisting
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.