Excellent opportunity to develop your career with a busy engineering consultancy offering great project experience with further training and mentoring.
You will be responsible for aspects of design work from conception through to technical approval/completion on projects typically between £0.5m of £20m.
Potential schemes you may be working on range from accommodation, retail developments, car showrooms, educational buildings, commercial offices and industrial and manufacturing buildings.
Working under the guidance of a Director or Senior Engineer, your responsibilities may include:
* Client facing role responsible for all aspect of the delivery of smaller projects.
* Scheme designs and input into scheme design reports.
* Delivery of detailed design including full tender and construction packages.
* Liaison with statutory authorities, architects, the design team and contractors.
* Attendance at client, design and site meetings, and site inspections and reporting.
* Management of the project to ensure quality standards are maintained with a profitable delivery.
* Carrying out structural surveys of buildings and structures, and providing advice on any issues that may arise. Analysing and reporting on structural defects and remediation if required.
* Preparation of conceptual and outline designs for structural schemes.
* Preparation of detailed design calculations to British Standards, Eurocodes and relevant design guidance notes.
* With the assistance of a Technician, preparation of detailed design drawings and specifications for Tender and Construction purposes.
* Visiting sites during the Construction phase to monitor progress and provide advice to Contractors.
In addition to having a confident, commercial and professional outlook you will need to have:
* M.Eng. in Civil or Structural Engineering, or equivalent experience.
* 4 years+ experience in building structures design
* Strong communication, analytical, technical design and drawing/sketching skills
* Be a self-motivated team player with good people skills.
* Competent Designer with Masterseries experience (preferable)
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.