Matchtech are excited to be working alongside a major contractor on the HS2 project, and as result we have a live requirement for an experienced Sub Agent.
To lead and control a section of the works, according to a specific discipline. Management of a team of Section Engineers, Site Engineers within same discipline.
* Reviews Method Statements and Risk Assessments and makes improvements as appropriate
* Able to lead an Accident / Incident Investigation (HFACS and ‘Four Page Report’)
* Carries out trend analysis and identifies improvement areas from audits and near misses
* Carries out field audits and confirms the sufficiency of control documentation
* Production and implementation of Permits to Work, specifically Confined Space Permits and Hot Works Permits
* Strong understanding of temporary works and timescales for implementation into the works
* Guides and coaches subordinates in resolution of construction issues, drawing on experience and accepted industry best practice
* Ownership of whole process of production, checking and submission of Handover Documentation (Green Files or equivalent)
* Implements systems and processes to support construction of the works in accordance with the specification (e.g. Materials Approval, NCR, Handover Documentation)
* Carries out trend analysis of the above and identifies improvement areas for non-conformance and business improvement
* Carries out Independent Inspections of their own section and of others
* Carries out Site Audits to check works and documentation compliance
* Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately. Suggests and implements improvements to systems.
* Strong knowledge and management of construction process in one or more of the following areas: Earthworks/Drainage, Pavement, Comms, Structures, Roadworks.
* Able to work on own initiative and seek out opportunities in line with level of responsibility.
* Holds a current driving license and CSCS Card. SSSTS or SMSTS qualified.
* Excellent team player, able to work competently and independently without continuous supervision.
* Strong communication skills with solution orientated approach to issue resolution
* Excellent role model for development of junior staff and demonstrates required behaviours to align to project and team objectives.
* Understands method statements and risk assessments, able to develop new and improved safe systems of work
* Understands the principles of Accident / Incident Investigation and has good working knowledge of the process
* Good working knowledge of current H&S Legislation
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.