We're working with one of the UK's leading principal contractors who specialise across a multitude of sectors including, civil engineering, highways and infrastructure. Due to their current level of business and their continuous expansion plans they are looking to recruit for a Contracts Supervisor in the North West region to join their experienced operations team.
In return our client is offering you as the Surfacing Supervisor a starting salary in the region of £48000 – £55,000 per annum plus a company car allowance, an enhanced pension scheme, private medical insurance, a performance related bonus scheme and 25 days + stats holiday entitlement.
Duties & responsibilities required from you as the Contracts Supervisor;
* You will ensure that works are carried out in a safe manner in accordance with the company Integrated Management System with due regard for the public, customers and other site employees.
* Understand the form of contract that company is working to and check that the appropriate management system is in place
* Ensure that work is carried out in accordance with the quality requirements of the specification
* Direct individual foremen, planning future workload to meet the targets of the contract plan and monitoring production
* Place timely and accurate orders for materials and plant to ensure efficient production balancing cost against client value and adherence to standards
* Ensure operatives and foremen adhere to company rules and policies. Report any failure to comply to the Contracts Manager so that appropriate action can be taken
* Manage the plant and equipment requirements. Ensuring it is procured in good time for the work, used in a correct manner, inspected and maintained in accordance with company requirements and removed from site when not required
* Target zero harm, compliance to H&S rules and regulations, reporting of incidents/near misses and safety concerns. And to collate and investigate information regarding any incident that occurs on their sites
* Reduce waste materials and off-hire unused plant or equipment
* Undertake health & safety inspections
* Ensure a high quality of workmanship is delivered on each scheme
Required to be successful as the Contracts Supervisor;
* A strong background in civil engineering or highways
* Experience of working as either a Contracts Supervisor or an aligned position
* A valid UK Driving Licence
* CSCS Card
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.