Surfacing Supervisor (Ref: 9901)
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Surfacing Supervisor to lead our team of surfacing operatives to complete high value contracts on time and to the desired specifications.
About the role
You will ensure that works are carried out in a safe manner in accordance with the company Integrated Management System with due regard for the public, customers and other site employees.
Other elements to the role include:
* Understand the form of contract we are working to and check that appropriate management system is in place
* Ensure that work is carried out in accordance with the quality requirements of the specification
* Direct individual foremen, planning future workload to meet the targets of the contract plan and monitoring production
* Place timely and accurate orders for materials and plant to ensure efficient production balancing cost against client value and adherence to standards
* Ensure that accurate site records are maintained and where necessary measuring and valuing work, liaising with the surveyor and the customer representative
* Manage the plant and equipment requirements. Ensuring it is procured in good time for the work, used in a correct manner, inspected and maintained in accordance with company requirements and removed from site when not required
* Liaise with customer representatives on site and consult with the contract or area manager always seeking innovation and improvements
* Carry out job reviews with a view to successfully develop gang members to provide sufficient skills to meet contingencies such holiday relief or sickness cover. Recruit additional operatives when required, carryout interviews and assessments
* Ensure operatives and foremen adhere to company rules and policies. Report any failure to comply to the Contracts Manager so that appropriate action can be taken
* Carry out any other tasks from time to time reasonably requested by the company
What will you bring?
* Ideally have a background in civil engineering or surfacing
* An experienced leader of teams
* Detail conscious and accuracy
* Self confidence
* Self motivation/initiative
* Interpersonal skills
* Organisation and planning/time management
What’s on offer?
* Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognizing the contribution you bring
* Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad
* An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
We are committed to building a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Why join Aggregate Industries?
To be at the heart of construction, we see our people at the forefront of the construction industry, transforming it into a more sustainable future. We employ highly talented, experienced and motivated people from diverse backgrounds. We have industry-leading capability in innovation, enabling us to anticipate and meet the changing needs of our customers. We are committed to developing strong and positive relationships with the communities we live and work in. LafargeHolcim has a global footprint with leadership positions in the vast majority of its markets and a diversified portfolio with a good balance between mature and developing markets positioned in highly populated areas.
About Aggregate Industries
We’re at the front line of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 270 sites and more than 3,900 dedicated employees, we’re home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and supply construction materials, export aggregates and offer national road surfacing and contracting services.
We’re also a proud member of LafargeHolcim, which is the leading global building materials and solutions company with around 90,000 employees in over 80 countries. It holds leading positions in all regions with a balanced portfolio of developing and mature markets
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.