Prosper Recruitment are working in partnership with a Tier 1 Housing Contractor who have a newly created role for a Sustainability Manager. The main purpose of the role is to raise regional profile of green solutions within the region, identifying and working up proposals for clients and consultants with a view to securing profitable offerings.
This will include extensive working with different departments and teams, providing support and guidance on retrofit and sustainability issues and to work closely with existing and new clients to develop solutions to achieve their net-zero carbon aspirations on their portfolio of stock.
* Work closely with the Regional Senior Management Team and Business Development Team to identify opportunities for the Company’s around Sustainability, leading and supporting on client needs around Energy Efficiency Works
* Lead on the development of Retrofit Schemes including assessment of stock, development viable technical solutions in line with required outputs, and development of funding solutions
* Providing guidance and support to operational teams ensuring all Retrofit/Sustainability schemes are delivered in line with funding and technical compliance i.e. PAS 2030:2019, PAS 2035:2019, MCS etc, working closely with Central Sustainability Team to ensure compliance.
* Be the ‘regional expert’ on Energy Efficiency and Retrofit, ensuring the Senior Leadership Teams are kept up to date on market opportunities to drive the Business Plan
* Develop and Maintain a pipeline of opportunities on order to deliver in line with Regional Business Plan Targets
* The production of before and after case studies for clients, future use and publication, outlining the improvements made and the carbon efficient outcomes as a result of the works completed.
* To work closely with clients to assist them in the development of their own route to zero and environmental efficiency strategies
* Work closely with in house and external design/technical teams in order develop best practice and cost effective solutions
* Describe the impact the position has on the Company. Please include the level of responsibility, i.e. worker, supervisor, middle manager, senior manager
* Work with the Company’s centre, regional partners and the other regions to develop a ‘Green Solutions’’ offering that meets the needs/ wants of our customers. Including presentations and reporting to stakeholders as required.
* Identify, develop and secure Green Solutions offerings to secure workload with key partners in the region.
* Covering refurbishment activities in the region
* Assist in the development of sustainable initiatives and sustainable construction for onsite use and promotion to clients
* Respond to Business Development tender questions and provide guidance to new business managers as required
* Provide support and encouragement for development of the SHEQ team
* Provide reports to the Operation Board
* Promote Sustainable Procurement and work towards measurable targets
* Attend divisional and departmental meetings as required
* Client interaction as required (through reporting, training and briefings)
* To have a wide knowledge and understanding of the Green Sector and pass this Knowledge and learning into the Region
* Have an in depth knowledge and understanding of government and energy company funding streams
* Work with the senior management of business to ensure that sustainability and environmental management are embedded within the organization.
* Good understanding of compliance in relation to energy efficiency works, in particular PAS 2030:2019 and PAS 2035:2019 regulations, and site teams are fully aware of delivery requirements
* Work closely with internal teams and external partners to develop and implement funding solutions to subsidise the costs of energy efficiency works
* To identify and disseminate information on innovation and best practice with regards to sustainability and environmental management
* Review and assist in the implementation of energy efficient programmes with the organization.
* Keep up to date with new and cutting edge developments in the fields of sustainability and environmental management, ensuring effective communication within the Company
* The production of high level reports/case studies, the production of responses for tender opportunities and funding opportunities that may become available from time to time.
Qualifications or Required Experience:
Educated to degree level in construction or environmental qualification
Experience of sustainability and retrofit management, including best and common practice
Experience of Energy Company Funding or Government Funding relating to Energy Efficiency works
Up to date knowledge and experience of relevant standards and systems applicable to PAS, MCS etc
Minimum of 5 years relevant construction sector experience
Experience of managing a small team
Experience of operating at a senior management level
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.