Our client who work within the architectural aluminium industry are looking to recruit a Technical Engineer covering the M25 Corridor and South region.
The role will be required to provide customers with technical support and training, to achieve high quality and cost-effective fabrications with products and systems.
• Undertake site inspections of systems installed by the fabricator and others and identify any issues to be resolved or changed based upon the inspection of the installation, followed up by providing a detailed report for the fabricators records.
• Undertake customer factory surveys with focus given to optimising space and maximising the workflow of material through manufacturing.
• Produce site and investigation reports, as well as training notes.
• Investigate reported complaints related to products or fabrication and produce detailed reports/survey and recommendations to overcome/rectify the complaint.
• Train/assist customers in the manufacture of aluminium and steel systems, based upon order manuals, fabrication drawings and the guidelines and recommendations relating to the specific system being trained.
• Attend customer sites, adhering to health and safety standards and providing a high level of customer service. This can also include rectification to existing installations.
• Assist with the manufacture of test and exhibit samples, including assisting with the installation and glazing of the sample at the test centre in order to witness and monitor the test with the customer.
• Supply after-sales support and assist customers with any problems/queries on machinery during the warranty period.
• Report to the Product Manager any technical or other mistakes within company literature and any amendments to fabrication practices in respect of the systems.
• Proven industry experience, including that of site installation.
• Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to work on own initiative
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent team work skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Must have a CSCS card (Construction Skills Certification Scheme)
• Proven experience of the manufacturing and installation of aluminium products
• A thorough knowledge of aluminum design principles
• Engineering qualification
• Experience and/or knowledge of Machinery product installation or repairs
• A Working at Height certificate
• Role requires travel within the UK and Europe, plus overnight stays
• Must have a clean and valid UK driving licence
• Right to work in the UK
Salaries in the region of £45k + company van
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.