Competitive Salary & Car Allowance
Sphere Solutions have the privilege of working with one of Cornwalls leading contractors, with an enviable portfolio of new build and social housing projects across Cornwall.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone with the relevant skills and experience to join their Technical team, on a permanent basis. They will manage the design and regulatory approval process for projects from planning to completion of the build in line with business plan targets on a wide range of schemes throughout Devon and Cornwall.
As a Technical Manager you will progress, monitor and report all appointed projects to the Head of Pre-construction and Technical and the respective project manager on compliance with technical specifications, contract requirements, planning conditions, ecological requirements and any relevant aspects in the pre-construction information.
Working with other members of the other department teams you will produce design briefs for all new schemes and define scope of works for external consultants and obtain necessary quotation to meet the requirements of the project in question. You will maintain an overview of design approach, regularly reviewing to ensure all developments are of high design quality and meet regulatory requirements, ensuring value for money.
* Architectural Technician or Engineering based qualification
* Educated to HND or equivalent Level 5
* Must have significant experience within a residential developer or consultancy role
* Strong knowledge and appreciation of project management
* Strong knowledge of CDM regulations and health & safety in construction
* Experience and proven ability of technical stage design management on time, budget and quality standards
* Good experience of discharging planning conditions, achieving statutory authority technical approvals and procuring building control & warranty services
* Competitive salary
* Bonus Scheme
* Company Pension scheme – 4% Employer, 4% Employee contribution
* Car Allowance
* Entitlement to more than the statutory days paid holiday per annum plus statutory bank holidays
* Family Friendly Policies
* Work within an organisation with a comprehensive Health & Wellbeing strategy which includes FREE yearly Flu Jabs
* Health and Wellbeing ‘Gold Award’ Winner 2019, 2020, 2021 along with Healthy Workplace Mentor in 2020
For an informal discussion please call Abbie on (phone number removed) or apply as instructed.
Sphere Solutions are one of the South West & Wales market leaders in providing recruitment services to the built environment. With specialist consultants based in our regional offices (Bristol, Cardiff, Plymouth and St Austell) we fill vacancies daily with contractors, developers, civil engineers and their supply chain in high volume with quality candidates
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.