Title: Trainee/Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £23,000 to £26,000 + package
Sector: New Build, Refurbishment, Fitout
Start Date: ASAP
Our client is a very successful main contractor with an established reputation within the South West market across sectors. Projects are very varied across new build, refurbishment and fitout across sectors.
Assistant QS – The Role:
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Junior/Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join the regional commercial team. You will be responsible for assisting in the day to day commercial aspects of construction projects based between the office, sites and home. This position will report to an experienced Senior or Managing QS and have strong development and progression opportunity for the right person.
Typical duties & responsibilities:
* Assist in the optimum commercial return is achieved for the project.
* Help to prepare the cost / value reconciliation reports accurately
* Prepare and agree interim valuations at the agreed dates to gain the best commercial advantage for the company.
* Assist in-agreeing final accounts with subcontractors to maximise project margins.
* Ensure sub contract orders are prepared in accordance with company procedure with reference to the date given on the procurement schedules and / or in accordance with the contract programme having achieved the appropriate approvals.
* Maintain control of sub contractor`s accounts and minimise the cost of any variations.
* Manage subcontracts in terms of valuation and correspondence.
* To carry out duties as quantity surveyor on projects as instructed.
* To ensure optimum commercial return is achieved for the project in their control.
* Prepare or assist with cost / value reconciliation reports on a monthly basis accurately reporting the forecast final financial position of the project.
* Prepare turnover cash flow forecasts as directed by line manager at the commencement of all projects, updating as required and recording actual valuation achieved against forecast.
Assistant QS – The Person
* Ideally you will have 6-12 months experience with either a national or regional main contracting business
* HND or BSc Degree qualified (or in studies) for a construction related course.
* Keen to progress a long term career as QS
* Innovative – ability to identify better ways of doing things
* A good team player, someone who wants to be part of a growing business to achieve common goals.
Assistant QS – The Reward:
* Competitive salary
* Company benefits package
* 25 days holiday per year
* Varied and unique projects across sectors
* Continued local work within the South West region
Please contact Foresight Search for more information on this, or any other vacancy (phone number removed)
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.