My client offers a diverse range of project management services to both the construction and housebuilding industry. Working as the Client’s eyes and ears on site, they source & manage contractors & consultants to deliver key infrastructure for new developments. Typically this involves the construction of roads, sewers and utilities.
This role would suit a Graduate Civil / Construction Management professional with a year or more's experience in the UK Construction Market.
Their involvement on a typical project includes:
* Sourcing and managing the project team.
* Liaison with the project designers & consultants to ensure all necessary construction drawings & information is available before the project starts
* Working closely with the Contractor to coordinate all key elements of the build, and ensuring the project is completed on time and within budget.
* Managing the whole construction process from contract set up to project handover.
* Ensuring projects are delivered within the parameters of the construction contracts governing them.
With a variety of exciting new projects in the pipeline, they are looking for a Graduate/Trainee Infrastructure Project Manager to join their team.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
* Supporting the Project Manager/Directors in delivering key infrastructure for our Clients on a variety of projects across the South & South East.
* Assisting with the coordination of Consultants, Contractors & Subcontractors to deliver project objectives.
* Witnessing and keeping thorough records of construction activities on site
* Acting as the central point of contact on site for any issues/queries, and taking a proactive approach to resolving them.
* Producing regular site diaries and progress reports
* Attending regular meetings on site, and producing detailed meeting minutes.
The role would suit a confident and motivated individual, with the following skills:
* Excellent standard of written and verbal communication
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* A keen interest in construction
* Experience with AutoCAD desirable.
You will be fully supported by your line manager in achieving the requirements of the role, supplemented by a combination of in house and external training depending on the needs/experience of the candidate.
Clean UK car license
HNC/HND/Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline (desirable).
Salary & Benefits:
Competitive salary (negotiable based on experience)
Company car allowance
23 days holiday
Bonus scheme – Based on the performance of the company
Training and development
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.