We are currently looking for a Commercial Assistant/Trainee QS for one of our clients who are a highly successful multi-award winning, Mid-sized developer. They are growing fast and are expected to double in size by next year with over 10 sites in the pipeline.
The Commercial Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Senior Buyer/Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Manager in carrying out any commercial duties including but not limited to assisting in commercial administration using outlook and Coins, valuing variations, processing valuation payments, agreeing final accounts, sending out tenders, chasing the return of tenders and raising purchase orders to ensure successful delivery of a new build project.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific objectives and deliverables will be agreed as part of your annual performance development review (PDR) process, the points below are a summary of your main duties and responsibilities.
* Assisting Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Manager to prepare estimates, cost plans, bill of quantities, specifications and schedule of rates for new build projects.
* Assisting Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Manager to prepare tender enquiries for both subcontract and materials. Once received log onto the comparison document.
* Carry out the following Buying duties, Produce Site Requisitions, chase up materials due for delivery, make amendments to existing orders (schedule/drawing amendments or price revisions)
* Maintain weekly plant hire report and site requisition reports spreadsheet.
* Assisting Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor/Commercial in carrying out subcontract interim valuations and final accounts for new build projects
* Assisting Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Manager carry out financial checks and maintain financial controls and monitor costs of schemes against budgets for new build projects.
* Assisting Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Manager carry out regular reviews of supply chain rates to ensure the continued relevance and produce trend information on usage of rates.
* Assisting Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Manager undertake the analysis of the performance of the supply chain during the contract stage and following contract completion. Check compliance with contract terms and conditions and legal regulatory requirements.
* Assisting Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Manager managing the Health and Safety issues within your area of responsibility in line with the relevant Health and Safety Policy for new build projects.
* Assisting Buyer/Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Manager produce purchase orders for site, sales and Technical departments.
* Setup and maintain projects using the Coins system.
* Assisting Buyer/Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Manager maintain the commercial inbox, making sure emails/applications are logged and distributed to the correct surveyor/buyer.
* Comply with the Group confidentiality and information security policies at all times.
* Duties may vary from time to time within the broad remit of the role and grade, however a Trainee Quantity Surveyor will be required to undertake any such reasonable and appropriate duties.
As a result of being a Commercial Assistant you will gain / be able to:
* A strong understanding of business processes and industry IT systems
* The ability to build effective working relationships
* The ability to make decisions in a timely and appropriate manner
* Reflect regularly on your own experiences and performance, and constantly seek to improve
* Identify your customers’ needs and expectations and strive to deliver them
* Constructively challenge the status quo and seek better alternatives
* Recognise the importance of relationships and build these across the business as well as with external partners
* Take personal responsibility for making things happen
* Find practical ways to overcome barriers
* Manage multiple demands without losing focus or energy
Please contact Danny @Cityscape (phone number removed)
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.